Thursday, July 04, 2013

Five Years Later...

How weird is this?

Years and years and years after the fact, I return to an old haunt to celebrate some good news.

Last night, at about 1:51am, I officially finished the last draft of my first ever manuscript! Well, last draft before getting any feedback from others, which I'm sure will necessitate at least another two full edits. Still, I'd been bracing myself for an anticlimactic feeling when I was able to turn that last page. But you know what? It felt pretty damn good. I cracked open a Lowenbrau to mark the occasion in my own quiet way, then went to bed.

Today, I was able to get copies to most of my beta readers. Beta readers! Do you hear me, PF from 2008? YOU HAVE BETA READERS IN YOUR LIFE NOW!

I hear this is where the fun part begins. Also, the grueling part. Maybe the heartbreaking part, too.

Stay tuned for updates on where all this goes from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home